Navy Eyes and a Bright Lip



Thought I'd share with you a quick make up look. I always think even when your in a rush you can look like you've spent ages doing your make up just by wearing a bright lipstick. It means you don't really have to worry about the rest of your make up because it draws everyone's attention to your lips and if you choose the right shade for you it will make your skin glow, meaning you don't need to worry about perfectly blending that full coverage foundation.

I chose Jouer luminizing moisture tint in pearl (link) as my base. Its really easy to apply with your fingers so you don't need to use a foundation brush, really quick and easy. If you have oily/combination skin you might want to powder slightly to stop you looking to shiny. You can also add a bit of bronzer or blush to brighten up your skin if you like.

On my eyes I've used Maybelline Big Eyes light catching palette in luminous turquoise (I can't find these  anywhere online but you should be able to find them in Boots). These little palettes are great as they have a light reflecting primer in the middle. You can use this under your shadow, on its own and also as a high light. There also really pretty colours and can create so many looks with them but they always look very soft and gentle on the eye. I used the pink all over the lid, the grey in the crease and the blue just in the outer corner. I then used a little bit of navy eyeliner to define my top lash line. I used Soap and Glory Smoulder Khol in Blue My Mind (link). These eyeliners are my go to at the moment there so soft and creamy, easy to work with and last all day. There really good if your not good at getting a steady line like me as you can drawer it on roughly where you want it and then smudge it with your finger to create a smoky look. To finish I just put a couple of coats of mascara on, I'm using Maybelline Big Eyes mascara* (link) at the moment which I really like. It makes your lashes look really thick and full and doesn't clump at all. I like that it has the two brushes for upper and lower lashes, although sometimes I forget to swap the brushes and just use the top lash one for both!

Finally I slick on a coat of lipstick, the L'Oreal Caresse Lipsticks (link) are great, you get a really good colour pay off but they are sheer and have a nice glossy finish to them. This means you don't need to worry about applying it really precisely like other bold lipsticks and it looks a lot softer on the lips. They're a good option if you don't want a really bold lipstick or you want something a little softer for the day time. I'm wearing a pinky red shade called Aphrodite Scarlet.

*this was a sample given to me at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment